I tried you guys… I really did. The ideas just aren’t flowing tonight. So, I came up with this quickie post that I call:
You Know You Are Desperate For a Blog Post Idea When:
- You scroll through Facebook Reels for over an hour in the hopes of finding inspiration there.
- You take an online personality test.
- You search your draft blog posts to see if you can add to them, and then remember that they are draft posts for a reason (they are really shitty first drafts).
- You brainstorm blog topics with family members who have nothing invested in whether or not you write a post today.
- You ask the dog.
- You take a walk around the block and come back with more mosquito bites than things to write about.
- You start to write about your go-to topic – like, say, reading – and have nothing new to say at the moment.
- You look through your calendar over the past month to spark any good stories that I can share.
- You wash, dry, and put away the dishes thinking it will help clear your mind and an idea will suddenly reveal itself. (Okay, I didn’t actually do this, but I’ve tried in the past with no luck).
All of this to say that I don’t have much to write about tonight. I’m pretty tired and in a Friday kind of a mood. I’m going to grab a drink, sit out on the patio, and read my book See you all tomorrow.