I know some people feel that writing is not their cup of tea.
But, for me I could write all day long. In fact, that’s exactly what I do. Take today at work for example: Today I:
- Assigned stories to the writers who work for me;
- Edited 2 email blasts on completely different topics (one of which requires a large amount of reworking which I will have to read all over again tomorrow);
- Proofread 2 emails on a monthly giving program for different audiences;
- Led an bi-weekly editorial meeting of writers and communications specialists where discussed writing on different topics to a variety of audiences on several platforms (print, email, social, blog, etc);
- Wrote many inter-office emails and Slack messages about 3 other writing projects in progress including an Annual Report;
- Discussed the status of several communications pieces with directors;
- Left early to pick up my son at the dentist and go to my Tuesday night writing workshop.
But, before I go to writing class, I am committed to composing a blog post every day for 30 days for the Ultimate Blog Challenge. i came up with this idea to write about writing on my way home – because that is pretty much what is on my mind all day long.
And, if that weren’t enough, there is still more writing and editing to do in class. This workshop is part writing and part critiquing other people’s work in a constructive manner. I already read the pieces once, but now I will provide helpful commentary to my fellow writers. Also, I’m supposed to submit a manuscript to this class for their reading pleasure and review sometime in the next 10 days or so–which I haven’t started yet.
That’s a lot of writing and I love it. And i know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. As a writer, I prefer coffee instead.
Seriously, how else will I get all this writing done? 🙂