My favorite trick to cure writer’s block is to make lists. Today, I put together this list to remind myself of things that are making me happy. Check it out!
- Trader Joe’s Hold That Cone mini ice cream cones on a hot day. The chocolate ones are my favorite.
- Relaxing on my beautiful back patio with a glass of wine and a good book. Right now, I’m reading “The Maid” by Nita Prose.
- Mango mojitos on a Friday night! YUM!
- A surprise phone call from my daughter, Jenna, to let me know she was reading the blog posts I’ve written about her and cracking up. She liked this one in particular. Her laugh made my whole day. I needed that.
- Going to the swim club with my husband and listened to the pool manager tell me what a great kid my son, Andrew is as her employee. This is his third year as a lifeguard there, and he loves it. And apparently, they love him! A mother never gets tired of hearing how great her kids are, no matter how grown up they get.
- My phone is working properly again! If you missed my sad story about my phone, you can read it here. Between Andrew and my husband, they helped me figure out how to take off tons of podcasts that I didn’t know were there.
- I haven’t purchased a new book in 15 days. Yes, I was tempted to buy books on Prime Day, but I rechanneled my spending to get a new Fitbit instead. This no-book-buy July is actually working. Thank goodness the library can get the books I want, and I’m not spending money on them. Proud of me!
- I love watching baseball, especially when my team wins. The Phillies won the first game of a doubleheader today, and Game 2 just started. Crossing my fingers for another win.
- I’m researching places to visit when we vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine, later this summer. If you are familiar with the area, I’d love to hear any suggestions on where to go in the area.
- My writer’s block seems to have disappeared! 🙂
What is making you happy right now? Let me know in the comments.
What are you up to this weekend?
I started out my night with a mango mojito which was delicious. I’m following that up with a little ice cream and Phillies baseball. For the rest of the weekend, I am reading and blogging. But for tonight, I’m just going to chill out and relax.
If I were to come up with a new name for my blog, it would be something that encapsulates everyday life and takes it to the next level. I’m not changing it, but if I did, I think I would call it — The Struggle Is Real.” I say it all the time for daily frustrations that no one wants to hear me complain about, but I know others will understand.
Take my iPhone, for example. I’m about ready to throw it out the window. For the past two weeks, I haven’t been able to send or open any photos or documents on my phone. I know it is a storage issue, but no matter how many Wordle screenshots, dog videos, and vacation photos I delete, it remains at full capacity. I even removed the apps I no longer use, which moved the needle by about 4 GBs. Only 4 GBs!
But then, I bought a new FitBit and needed to download the app so I can use it. That’s how they get you. So, now I’m back to where I started. Grrr…
When I plugged the phone into my laptop to download batches of videos and photos, the file folder showed up as empty. This is when I completely lost it and screamed at my laptop — LIAR! The laptop had no answer for me except to ask if I want to buy more storage. No, I don’t want to buy more storage! I want to make room on the phone I already have, so I can text my sister coffee memes and Princess Bride quotes. Is that too much to ask?!
Maybe I need to connect my iPhone to an Apple MacBook instead of my Dell PC to access those files. Maybe I need to make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar. Maybe I need to wipe my phone of everything and start all over again.
Maybe I need a drink.
It’s so frustrating.
The struggle is real.
Stay tuned for more episodes of “The Struggle is Real” by Elisa. 😀
What daily struggle is annoying the heck out of you right now? Please share in the comments and let me commiserate with you.