I recently watched Sex and the City: The Movie a few weeks ago. (Such a good movie).
My favorite part is not when Big sends her the love letters via email or when Charlotte has her baby. Nope. My favorite scene is when Carrie decides to hire a personal assistant. Imagine being in a position to do that. How could she afford it? Vogue was paying decently by the word, but she still had to buy the shoes!
Nevertheless, I think I was close to tears of envy when I watched that scene for the first time. With a full-time job and two children and a crazy busy household, what I wouldn’t give to be able to hire someone to do the things that needed to get done.
But a girl can dream. So, if I was able to hire a personal assistant, here are some things I’d love to hand off to him or her:
- Meal planning because I suck at it.
- Redecorate certain rooms in my house because I don’t have the energy, and I missed out on that part of the gene pool.
- Driving so I can use my hour-long commute to read my book instead of sitting in traffic.
- Be my personal shopper. Someone who has an excellent eye for age-appropriate but trendy clothes and knows my taste as well as I do.
- Help me build my personal website, set up my Twitter feed, teach me Instagram and Snapchat and why it is essential in life, and always make sure there is ink and paper in the printer.
- Learn how to organize my house like Marie Kondo and get rid of the clutter –except for my books. Don’t ever touch the books.
So, what would you have your imaginary personal assistant do for you?