This month has been a whirlwind of activity, and trying to fit in a 30-day blog challenge has not been easy. Since I skipped a few days along the way, I am offering you this blog two-fer. I hope you enjoy it.
Part I – Spreading the Blog Love
I have “met” some fantastic bloggers this month. A few are old friends, and others are new to me. Here are my top 5 that I think people should check out and support if they have the time.
- If you are starting a business, have your own business, or trying to adjust to working from home, Cheryl Ann – https://cherryanncarew.com/blog/ has terrific resources and solid advice for you. This is the first time I’ve seen Cheryl Ann in this challenge, and I’ve learned so much from her. Check her out!
- If Tamara and I lived in the same part of the world, we would be fast friends. She keeps it real like I do and is passionate about schlepping her kids around to hockey as I am with Andrew and swimming. I’ve enjoyed her take on things. – https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/
- Karen has a friendly and encouraging way of being a cheerleader for your overall health. Her blog today about imposter syndrome was particularly insightful. I’ve enjoyed her posts and started to think that I can make some changes and maybe even be successful. – https://yourpoweryourhealth.com/
- Victoria has some fascinating stories to share. She’s a medium, and I’m in awe of her ability to help others through their grief. It takes a special person to do that kind of work. Check her out here – https://victoriajuster.com/essays/
- Finally, I think everyone should have someone like Kebba in their lives. We’ve never met in person, but she is so sweet to me as if we were old friends. Her encouragement keeps me going through this blog challenge, even on days when I think I have nothing left to say. If you are looking for inspiring quotes, a pick-me-up, or friendly advice about finding the calm in a noisy world, take a look at her blog. – https://kebbabutton.wordpress.com/
There are so many other bloggers that I’ve enjoyed reading this month. I wish I could list them all. I am grateful to them for their wisdom, humor, and honesty.
Part II – 10 Random Things About Me
- I’m an Aquarius, and I share a birthday with Ed Sheeran, Michael Jordan and Paris Hilton, and my boss.
- I don’t watch a ton of television, but I never miss an episode of This is Us or The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I’m also a big Jeopardy fan.
- I love everything about coffee – the mugs, the cafes, and the snarky humor that comes from those of us who drink caffeine for your own safety.
- I love going to Disney World. We have a timeshare in Orlando that we used to visit when the kids were little. We’ve traded it in for other vacation spots. But now, I’d like to go back and enjoy the parks in a whole new way – as adults looking to connect with the magic again.
- I was diagnosed with depression in 2002, and I’m not ashamed of it. Not in the least. I manage it with a low dose of Zoloft and occasional therapy when I feel I need it. I put this on my list because I believe in reducing the stigma of mental illness.
- I’m a swim mom. I’ve watched my son swim at summer camp, high school, and our swim club. And sometimes, when they all wear the same swim trunks and caps, I still can’t pick him out and wind up cheering on somebody else’s kid.
- I live in the Philly suburbs and love it here. I have a favorite place to go for cheesesteaks. We belong to Longwood Gardens and used to have a membership to the Broadway series downtown. But then, COVID hit, and I haven’t been to a theater since.
- I am good at networking, and I quite enjoy it. I know it isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. I usually learn something or have an opportunity to help someone else, and that is always time well spent.
- I love independent bookstores and the people who work there. They are lovely places to explore, buy gifts, or get your next great read. I’m hoping to visit and support 22 indies in 2022.
- I have the most amazing husband and children and dog (and life!). 🙂