My favorite trick to cure writer’s block is to make lists. Today, I put together this list to remind myself of things that are making me happy. Check it out!
- Trader Joe’s Hold That Cone mini ice cream cones on a hot day. The chocolate ones are my favorite.
- Relaxing on my beautiful back patio with a glass of wine and a good book. Right now, I’m reading “The Maid” by Nita Prose.
- Mango mojitos on a Friday night! YUM!
- A surprise phone call from my daughter, Jenna, to let me know she was reading the blog posts I’ve written about her and cracking up. She liked this one in particular. Her laugh made my whole day. I needed that.
- Going to the swim club with my husband and listened to the pool manager tell me what a great kid my son, Andrew is as her employee. This is his third year as a lifeguard there, and he loves it. And apparently, they love him! A mother never gets tired of hearing how great her kids are, no matter how grown up they get.
- My phone is working properly again! If you missed my sad story about my phone, you can read it here. Between Andrew and my husband, they helped me figure out how to take off tons of podcasts that I didn’t know were there.
- I haven’t purchased a new book in 15 days. Yes, I was tempted to buy books on Prime Day, but I rechanneled my spending to get a new Fitbit instead. This no-book-buy July is actually working. Thank goodness the library can get the books I want, and I’m not spending money on them. Proud of me!
- I love watching baseball, especially when my team wins. The Phillies won the first game of a doubleheader today, and Game 2 just started. Crossing my fingers for another win.
- I’m researching places to visit when we vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine, later this summer. If you are familiar with the area, I’d love to hear any suggestions on where to go in the area.
- My writer’s block seems to have disappeared! 🙂
What is making you happy right now? Let me know in the comments.